Sunday, February 17, 2013

Kims First Email Home



On Feb 9, 2013, at 10:01 PM, Kimberly Bennett wrote:

The MTC is a wonderful place. excuse my poor writing, as I only have a few minutes to tell you all of these awesome things! I am so blessed here. my companion, sister Dudley, is so wonderful. We really get along! It is so easy for us to correct one another because there is so much love in our companionship. I've only known her for a few days and I love her with a love that usually takes years for me to develop. She has this cute voice and she whistles when I sing. Heavenly Father put us together to learn from one another, and boy are we learning!!!
 
 Our teachetrs ARE THE BEST teachers in the MTC. Brother Roberts and sister Metzger. Megan, I thought of you because didn't you have a teacher named Mr.Metzger??? Those Metzgers are just great teachers. It's hard to explain, but I've never had so many lightbulb moments. For instance, during class one day, my teacher sister Metzger just laughed at me and said: "It's easy to tell when Sister Bennett is having a lightbulb moment" (because I had this crazy excited look on my face when she was talking about the role of the spirit) and I just said: "I just didn't know I had so many!" (in reference to the lightbulbs)
 
My district is wonderful. and my 5 roomies are great. we all sing together and we keep each other in check. I especially love sister Blosil; look up the singer Jenn Blosil, or Jennifer Blosil. she's a professional singer.
 
I thought I knew something about love before I got here to the MTC. and I don't doubt I knew a little about it. But there is more lovehere than I could ever have imagined. there is so much to learn. we study, study for at least 8 hours every day (between classes and workshops) and it is still not enough!!! More knowledge!! more, more!
 
ok, enough of my ranting. I love you all and I think of you often here. thank you Mom for the nausene, it came in handy on day 2.
 
Something I would like to share with you is that on day 2 I was sooo tired. I hd never been so tired in my life. nit in my ju-jitsu days, not on trek, not after Disneyland, nothin'. I turn to sister dudley and say: "Sister Dudley, I don't know how I am going to make it. I am sooo tired. I only want to go home and take a nap. I just don't know how I am going to make it through the next 2-3 hours of just studying" and she turned to me and said, "You know the little train that could? Just say I know I can, I know I can, I know I can." So I did. and before I knew it, I had survived and it was lunch and we all know lunch is the oasis of hope on a hard day. so it was wonderful.
 
It is so easy to jusdge between right and wrong here; a thought enters my mind that creates static between me and the spirit, and my spiritual immune system recognizes and attacks it immediately.
 
I want you all to know that EXACT obedience is the only way to get blessings that heavenly father wants for us. How can he bless us if we are bnot doing what is right? He just can't. We are drills, and the spirit is the power source. when we sin, can we do anything effective? can we do anything when our power plug is kicked out of the wall by disobedience? NO! We CANNOT! we can do nothing woithout the spirit. lessons fall on deaf ears when you try to teach or love or do anything good intentioned without the spirit.
 
Anyway, I'll save the rest of the preaching for Chicago.
 
I love you all now more than ever.
 
 Holly, write me and let me know how your Book of Mormon study is coming!
 Also, I want to know how any recent developments are going.
 
Sara, your example of love and service when you came and visited us is a template for me; I want to do that with my investigators. that wa s a lesson as real and valuable as the immensely wonderful mission-oriented lessons I'm receiving here.
 
Mom- I love you. thanks for preparing me for the rigors of a mission. and I miss your wonderful cooking and your advice still rings in my ears almost always. Thank you.
 
Dad- you are awesome. I brag about you all the time here and how you never told people how long you were out.
 
Megan- I also brag all about you and Barthelona. and how is Brick Oven? and Do you want mission prep advice I wigsh I had?
 
Last but not least, I love you ricky. How is alex? How is little big planet? and CAP? You will be such a wonderfdul missionary.
 
Until next week,
 
Love sister Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment