Sunday, August 11, 2013

Excerpt from Megan:
"On our way to Zone Conference on the train, my companion and I were just happily chatting and this homeless guy comes into our train car and happily shakes our hands. We thought he recognized us as missionaries and we waited for him so say something but he didn't. He just stared right at me, so I asked him the basic questions, "Have you seen missionaries like us before?" "Where are you from?"... I don't think he even responded. He looked at me and said "Where are you from?" I responded "California" and he quickly and seriously said "Can you take me with you!?" I began trying to decide whether I should laugh or run...or both ha ha. I put my stuff in my purse and just sat there next to my companion. He just stared at me...like I would look away and look back and he would still look at me. SO since the 5 minutes of giving his the cold shoulder didn't work, we got up and went to the back of the next car. I mean It was a full train, so we weren't that worried, but we thought we´d better move anyway. We sat next to this cute social little Chinese lady who knew Spanish well and even a little English. She enjoyed practicing with me which was really cute. She gave me a Chinese candy and I gave her one of the Hi-chew Kameron had sent me. It was way too big for her mouth, so it was funny to watch her eat it. Good stuff..."

No comments:

Post a Comment