Sunday, November 3, 2013

Two transfers in one week???

On October 15, Megan informed us that her trainer was transferred and she got a new companion, Sister Hamson. She sounded very excited to be serving with her in Sabadell. They both are Recreational Management Majors at BYU-I and very compatible personalities, Meg describes her as "spunky, happy and has a tomato plant." She also tells us "Our investigator pool has the potential of bursting at the seams!" They are working hard and preparing investigators for baptisms that are scheduled. Megan sounds happy.

She also comment on the increase of missionaries serving, she states: "Our district of 3 companionships is now going to be a ZONE of 9 companionships! We will now have 3 companionships (as opposed to 2) in our ward and the other ward instead of 1 companionship will have three!" Wow, that ought to impact the work!
-------


Excerpts from Megan's October 21st Letter:
(Only one week after her trainer was transferred out.)

"Okay Brace yourselves gang, I have quite the news this week."

"So I just had one of the best weeks of my mission with my new companion Hermana Hamson. She is incredible and I absolutely LOVE working with her. We have literally gotten over a page full of numbers this week from street contacting. Its like, we just have faith and we get the job done and we enjoy ourselves on the way. She reminds me so much of Sara it is not even funny, like I literally feel like I am talking to Sara sometimes, we get along like peanut butter and Jam, and I couldn't have prayed for a better companionship...HOWEVER, ....so here's the catch to this day dream..."

"We had interviews with President Pace today in Barcelona. After telling me how great I am and getting me all watery-eyed, he told me that he is putting me on an emergency transfer. There are some not great things happening with a companionship in the islands there and it sounds like I am being sent to... well, in all honesty do some clean up work. I will be leaving Wednesday for Mallorca, one of the Ballearc Islands. I will be companions with Sister Wallace who is now on her second transfer and still in the 12 week training.  I will be serving in the area : Palma de Mallorca in a branch there. The number one thing he kept telling me is that my job is to love her and that "she may be the most important convert of your mission." All I felt as President Pace talked was love for this new companion and I am praying that I will be able to be what she needs. I would be lying if I said I was perfectly at ease about all of this; however, I do feel an unmistakeable peace. President has expressed that they desire to turn this branch there into a stake. I really feel like this is going to be one of those experiences where I will realize exactly how much I rely on the Lord. I am so excited! It is going to be an incredible experience, but please pray for me. On the train ride home I read the most perfect scripture, Mosiah 23:21-22, it was a tender mercy.  I know without a doubt that the Lord is looking out for me and this is his work, he is not going to put me somewhere, where, if I try my best I will mess up. I know I have something to learn."

"One crazy story this week:
We had an experience where we prayed to find Angel, a man we had met before, and to get his number and set up a visit. Ten minutes later ...we found him, got his number and set up a lesson for that same week. Talk about a miracle, he even assured us he would read the Book of Mormon we gave him. More stories will come I am sure."

Love, Hermana Bennett
-----


Excerpts from Megan's October 28th Letter:

"I don't even know where to begin, I have had such an incredible week. First off my companion Hermana Wallace is wonderful! She is in her 2nd transfer on the mission. She speaks perfect English and Spanish. She is from Uraguay, but she grew up in New Jersey so she has a cute little accent. It is interesting to see how the members react to a native Spanish-speaking missionary, it is definitely a different connection. She loves the rain like me, and we really enjoy talking with each other. The other day we had a picnic at this park which has water that shoots out of the ground, and sometimes there's music playing and we get a little water show to the sound of the music, its like a tame version of "The World of Color" at California Adventures, ha, ha. This branch reminds me a lot of my old ward. except the numbers much lower. We have about 100 more members in this branch yet, half as many as my old ward actually attend. The members are great, the bishop is very supportive, which makes a world of a difference. "

"We are currently teaching Junior who has accepted a baptismal date for Nov 16th. In our last cita he expressed to us his testimony, that he knows the Lord works thru prophets on the earth. He also shared that he has heard missionaries and members bare testimony and he desires to be able to do the same one day. We have given him specific reading and prayer assignments from the pamphlets (Pray to know for himself that the gospel has been restored on the earth). He has the desire, if he prays and reads and continues to make the effort to come to church I have no doubt that he will gain that testimony he is seeking for and he will want to be baptized and come unto Christ. We plan to see Him twice this week and teach him with his girlfriend, we are hoping to include her more (she is a member) she doesn't want to feel pushy, but I think helping her be part of this is going to be a big blessing for the both of them, it will be key in his conversion. She had backed off a little in this past lesson and it was easy to see that he wanted her validation and support, especially after he committed to a baptismal date. We are so excited to be teaching Junior, he is so ready to be baptized! Keep him in your prayers."

"In my scripture study I am currently in Mosiah, reading about how the sons of Mosiah and Alma go about repenting of their sins and teaching the people and doing all they can to make right what they had done wrong. In ch 27 vs.36 it really hit me that we do not need to be perfect people with a perfect past to go about teaching Gods children and building up his kingdom. God uses tools that have gone thru the fire first to be molded into what they are."

"I love my are and there is so much work to be done, I just pray that we will have the courage and faith to do this work."

Love,
Hermana Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment