Sunday, May 4, 2014

Letters from Meg while still in Palma

Excerpt from March 24th letter while in Palma:

This week I had probably one of the biggest miracles of my mission so far. Gwenneth is doing incredible! During our cita this week we went a little more in depth about The Book of Mormon. We explained that we can come to know it is true by reading and praying, thru the spirit. As Hermana Carter went on explaining Gwenneth put her hand to her heart and said "Oh!" she continued to touch her arms and her face in shock as she felt the spirit for possibly the first time. I was blessed to be able to look into her eyes and simply testify that it was the spirit testifying to her that the things we have taught her are true. She came to church for the third hour on Sunday. Almost in tears at the end of the meeting she looked at me and said, "Ive got that feeling again." I just hugged her. She is praying about being baptized and is going to begin reading the Book of Mormon. She does not live in our area so we will be passing her off to the Elders this week if it feels right. I am so excited for her. It is helping me see we just have to be patient and diligent and we will find those who have been prepared. 


Excerpt from March 10th letter while in Palma:

I think I can safely say this has been one of the most successful weeks on my mission so far.
I am overjoyed to report that our Investigator Elena has been reading and praying! I sill never forget sitting there in our cita, asking her if she had read...she said yes. Then we asked if she had prayed and received an answer (to know if the Book of Momon is true)...she looked at me and said she had. The ceilind opened up, the clouds parted, little rays of sunshine hit her face and I am pretty sure I heard angels singing. She mentioned she wasn't sure about the answer she received, she wasnt sure if it was the Holy Ghost or her head, but she thinks (get ready for a plot twister) the Catholic church is true...gaaah! The ceiling smacked me in the head as it closed back up. The angels ran away crying and I think I saw lightning strike outside. I almost started laughing at my suprise. We talked thru how to pray and how we recieve answers. I think we really cleared some things up for her and we are excited to see her continue progressing. She truly wants to know and has very sincere questions.  Keep her in your prayers :)


Excerpt from March 3rd letter while in Palma:

I want to be sure you all know that I am doing very well. Hermana Carter is magnificent, my area is wonderful, and hardly a day goes by when we don't see miracles of the Lord's work, and not one day goes by when I don't feel grateful that I am serving as a missionary for the Lord in the Spain Barcelona Mission.

We had a great week and looking back I can hardly believe how much we fit between Monday and Sunday.

It has been festivos (holidays) here in Spain. They have a lot to celebrate here in Spain, there is a holiday for each area, kind of like in Utah how each city has a holiday when there are parades and stuff. Well for "Dia de los Baleares" people dress up, like we do for Halloween, and its an all day event. There are concerts set up thru out the island, and carnivals, and little vending stands set up everywhere (which is very tempting as a missionary because I just want to eat EVERYTHING). All that stuff is set up in the touristy part of our Area, which we spend quite a bit of time in looking for menos activos (less actives). We  learned in our Specialized Zone training how to make separate lists to sort out our area so we can do pass by's when we have time. We made our lists and had at it, trying to locate all the less actives to see to update the branch directory. Hermana Carter testified in front of our zone the other week that when we do these lists and pass by's we don't always see blessings directly related with what we are doing, but they do come. This week was no exception, while we ended up just crossing off a lot of addresses instead of finding people, when Sunday came we had 4 menos activos and 1 investigator come.  I was overjoyed as I saw each of them come in and even happier as I saw the members giving them a warm welcome back. We may not have had all our investigators at church, but for me the joy is the same. As we work with them and are inspired in our studies about what to share with them, we get a glimpse of exactly how much the Lord loves his children. The work we do and see is just the tip of the ice berg, the Lord is doing a lot of work with their hearts and it is a blessing to see.


An investigator accepting the Word of Wisdom.


Excerpt from February 3rd letter while in Palma:

It was a roller coaster of a week, full funny moments! One day we had called a recent convert whom we had never met before and told him to meet us in a plaza. We were a little early and were just standing there doing calls and busy work until he showed up, we assumed he would just walk right up to us, and sure enough, a man walked right up to us, we chatted for a bit and asked if he wanted to sit down, he said he didn't have much time, a couple of teenagers came up to us while we were chatting and stood there waiting anxiously for our attention. I was a little worried so I tried my best not to pay attention to them and continued talking. After Frank left, the boys confused stood there and said "hello" one of them pointing to the other saying, this is frank. We were so surprised! It turns out the man we were talking to was not the person we were waiting for at all, it was just some random guy who had come up to us. We never get contacted! I confessed what had happened to the real Frank and we all had a good laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment