Sunday, July 20, 2014

Kim Becomes Sister Training Leader second to last Transfer

Excerpts from Kim's letter June 9th -

"We cover three of my old areas in this one area since being transferred to the YSA Ward! We cover not only my last area of Logan Square, but also North Shore 1 and 2, and much more because we have all the ysa ward. Technically, the elders cover my old area, but hey-we share the ward. Long story short, we are responsible for an area at least three times as big as anything I have ever covered in addition to the responsibility of training 18 sisters from about 3 zones."

"As for being a sister Training leader, I have a great companion who is an old hat at all of this stuff. She has been doing this for two transfers already. Surprisingly, my companion sister Winward and I were BOTH trained by sister Smith! She has a testimony of steel and notices what other miss-she sees what others are feeling and she notices when others are uncomfortable or really feeling the spirit. She has the gift of inspiration and revelation, which really complements my strength in the same area. I can't tell you how often we are on the same page when, with past companions, they have totally missed the prompting she catches it. She is unafraid to be herself and God put us together for many many reasons, mainly I have alot to learn from her."

"As sister training leaders, we are just a big ear. We go on exchanges with the sisters in our zone, care for them, call them as the spirit directs, and run a "vibrant" area for them to use as a example in their own work. We model by example exact obedience and follow up on things President Woodbury has said. Overall, my missionary work has expanded to include the sisters assigned to us. Our purpose is to invite others - not just investigators who have not been baptized yet, but with these investigators who are wearing a name badge - to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the  holy Ghost and enduring to the end."

"As a bonus, I get to attend transfer council ( previously called zone leader council) and I also get to help present training at a zone meeting in Buffalo Grove."
Kim with companion and sisters they are training

Kim's Zone playing Chiball. Can you find Kim?

No comments:

Post a Comment