Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Letter Excerpts from Megan May 19th:

"We took Fernando to eat at the Bishop's house and on our way there we had mentioned that one of the things we missed from the States, was Lucky Charms cereal. About 3 days later we are in the middle of a very vital cita and we get a call from Fernando. About ten minutes later I see Fernando running, in his suit, towards us with a bag in his hand. He looked so flustered it took me a minute to figure out who it was. He came running up to us saying, "I have 2 minutes till my conference call and I wanted to give you this!" It was a box of Lucky Charms cereal.  He ran off and we just stood there laughing in shock yelling out "Thank you." When we saw him at church Sunday (4 bowls of cereal later) we asked him how he got it and all he said was, "I know a guy." Classic, that gave us another good laugh."

"Cultural shout out for the week: Spaniards all think that Spaniards are closed people. We talk to so many of them every day and they are all so kind and happy to talk, and they all say the same thing about one another, that they are closed. They are the most open closed people I have ever met ha, ha! This week I heard an analogy about fleas. Fleas are known for their ability to throw themselves very high in the air. If you put them in a shoe box with the lid off, they will jump right out; however, if you put them in a shoe box with the lid on for no longer than 2 days and open the lid, they will stay in the box. After hitting the lid so many times they give up and lower their potential to jump right out. I think Spaniards and us humans in general, like to put ourselves in a box and we limit ourselves when really the lid is off and possibilities are endless. There is nothing we can't do when we learn to make the Lords vision for us our own. I pray this week for a higher vision for myself and for my area, I know the Lord is waiting to make the most out of us and the work we do."

No comments:

Post a Comment