Thursday, July 17, 2014

Two baptisms!

Except from Kim's May 12th letter:
Paul is getting baptized this Saturday! We are so excited! He has already read The Book of Mormon once and is on round 2? In addition he has listened to the audio twice! So, in one way or another
he has gone through the Book of Mormon three times even though he has a disability and reads very slowly. We are so proud of him!

Except from Kim's May 19th letter:
The pioneers had to cross icy waters and tread frozen plains to leave their legacy. Paul's legacy began with an icy trip into the baptismal font. We knew the water must be cold when we saw the Elder's dumping a pan of boiling water in the font as well as a pitcher of microwaved water. Paul hesitantly got in the cold, cold water. After the baptismal prayer was said, the expression on Paul's face made it look like he was going to meet his death as he got shoved backward into the water. They were
quite the scene and sister Payne and I tried so hard not to laugh.  It was a memorable experience for
all who witnessed.
Paul told us he wanted to sing at his baptism. He wanted a duet, and he picked sister Payne to sing with him. Although we had only practiced a few times, he did so well! His raspy lungs, ravaged by years of smoking rang out the words: " I know when I am baptized, my wrongs are washed away... And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day. I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain- I want to be the best I can, and live with God again!" As the speaker got up after the song, his eyes were wet. The spirit was in the room. And while they were singing,  I was so proud of him and so happy that I thought, " I didn't know my smile could go this big. I don'tthink it ever has gone this big." And I smile alot!

Paul's baptism

Another jubilant moment was hearing that RHONDA CHOSE TO BE BAPTIZED!!! We got approval to go to Chesterton for her baptism. When Rhonda called and told me herself that she is getting baptized, all I could say was " I am SO happy ... That of all the people.... She made the right choice. She made the right choice. SHE made the RIGHT CHOICE."

Rhonda's baptism in Chesterton.


No comments:

Post a Comment