Friday, November 14, 2014

Megan Training her Last Transfer

Excerpt from Megan's letter October 28th:

"It looks like I will be training this last transfer! At the end of my time in Barcelona, I prayed that the Lord would help me to go out strong, that he would give me a challenge, and that I could work hard and enjoy the work. I feel like that is exactly what I have gotten. We had to start over a little as our area boundaries changed drastically, but for the past two weeks I feel like we have gotten our feet under us. With the new missionary I will be getting I feel like I am going to get to experience the mission from a fresh pair of eyes. It will be fun as we learn how to get around the area together, I have a feeling she will be fun and a hard worker. My biggest prayer for this next transfer is that this new missionary will get to really work and see success. I cannot help but feel there are people who need to be baptized in this next transfer. I feel really good about Ari and Ricardo. Ever since I have gotten here I have felt a connection to this family. Their mother, Raquel, came back to church about 6 months ago. Her family is not members, but when I got here we started teaching her two kids."

Megan's letter November 4th:

Dear Family,
I am the luckiest trainer in the whole world. Before I tell you why I, am going to tell you the story of how I met Hermana Burkett. The training meeting ended and I hear all the new trainees coming into the Paces Piso. I am in a bedroom putting my bags away and Hemana Pace is in the doorway greeting everyone so I can't really see whats going on. I decide to head over to the bathroom before the meeting starts, when I come out there is only one hermana standing in the hallway by herself. I run on over and give her a hug. She introduces herself as Hermana Burkett. We chat for a second, get some food and end up sitting together again. We chatted quite a bit and of course I was just wishing she would be my companion but didn't want to get my hopes up. I enjoyed being with her so much because she seemed more mature, but fun. When President Pace matches up the companionships he likes to have fun with it. He calls up the new sister and introduces her a little and then talks about the area she will be going without saying the name of it. When President Pace started to describe my area, I couldn't hold it in, I waited for him to begin to say Zaragoza to make sure it was the right area and before he could say my name I was already shouting Zaragoza and hugging her! I was so happy!

She is a musician so I can finally speak music with someone. She is an "older" hermana, which is nice because there is no homesickness and a higher level of maturity. She is confident, she has no problem teaching, her Spanish is great, and she is a very happy person. It seems like by the life she has led she has learned to choose to be a happy person. I am just loving being with her.

I went to Barcelona for a leadership meeting, every time I go I feel like I am taking a step back in time because I always have to walk though my area to get to the office.

It has been a great week!

Love,
Hermana Bennett

This is my wonderful companion, Hermana Burkett. She is just ans happy and sweet as she looks. I bet if you didn't know me you would think she is training me...well guess what, she is! (kim thas quote if for you, if you can guess which version on the district that was from Ill give you a high five)
Beautiful fountain by the Zaragoza Visitor's Center




Excerpts from Megan's letter Nov 10th:

"As for an exciting moment this week- Yesterday we were waiting for some members to come and Hermana Burkett talked me into singing hymns on the street with her. She has a beautiful falsetto, so I just hung back on the Alto part. Some people joked, some people stopped for a moment and listened. In the end there was a woman who stopped with her mom and son and we ended up talking to them, we gave them our info and they said they would stop by on Sunday. It was nice to try contacting Hermana Burketts way and have success, it was a special moment.

"Last cute comment: There is a 12 year old named Ayla, her family is incredible. She is like a mini adult, so cute. Sunday she comes up to me alone and says. "Hermana, I have a favor to ask of you. Do you have a time this week when you can come to my house because I have a list of less active kids in my sunday school class and I want to give them some notes so I need their addresses. We ended up having time that night and she has a stack of these adorable cards of encouragement. We gave her the addresses and she asked us if we knew anyone who could use a card so we wrote a few with her...I want to be like her when I grow up. It was a very sweet, humbling experience."

"Our miracle this week was an incredible cita we had with two investigators we are preparing to be baptized. On Saturday they came to a baptism and afterwards we talked with them about what they had just seen. The room got pretty full, President and Resu were the members we had asked to come and help us talk with them, but then two young adult recent converts ended up coming as well. We felt impressed to read from Alma 32, which turned out being exactly what Ari needed, and Resu, whom Ari connects with quite a bit, was able to explain with this scripture her "Desire to desire" before she was baptized and how she let that desire feed her faith instead of turn into fear. Then all the members, including Aris' mom (which I thought was really key), bore powerful testimonies. Ricardo who sometimes does not pay attention, was attentive and asking questions . Everyone started sharing their testimonies and it turned into a really powerful spirit filled experience. I even saw Ricardo smiling as we explained the Holy Ghost and how he could have the peace he felt at that moment more consistently after being baptized. He accepted a baptismal date. Him and Ari have fechas for the 29th of November."

No comments:

Post a Comment