Tuesday, March 5, 2013

In the Field!



Sister Dudly(MTC Companion) and Kim


Thoughts:
I was always confused about what "lock your heart "means, but I realized 
at our district meeting it means: now is the time to give the lord ALL our 
heart, and I'm not supposed to go diluting my allegiance to him right now with 
the guys around me. It's easy to refocus myself when I say:

"satan, there is a time for that AND IT IS NOT NOW. I'll think about that later, but for now...I'VE GOT WORK TO DO.
Easy as that. 

And we're seeing all kinds of miracles around us. We went to visit an inactive lady and she didn't answer the door, so we walked away and she 
came walking down the street just as we walked away! The Lord sent her to us, truly. She really needed us, too-- she talked with us for hours
despite the bitter Chicago winter all about her bitterness and we know she can get through it! she just needed someone to listen! 

Also, funny story-- we were contacting and I went up to these 3 teenagers on the street and after they rejected our offer, I stopped and said" okay, 
now, be honest with me-- how was my approach? I'm really new at this whole missionary thing and I wanted to know from you if I could have done that
better." they all stoped, looked at us, and laughed because I think they werent expecting me to say that. one says, through the cigarrette on her 
lips, ; "you could have announced, "hey, random missionary alert!" and we all had a bit of a laugh together. they still wouldn't take a Book of Mormon though.
Ah, well. Tis' the life of a missionary. 

And when we were trascting in the snow earlier this week, we have a new investigator named Jerry who, while we were tracting, 
was really impressed that we were out there with the snow and wind (it was literally snowing sideways) and agreed to hear our message because
he figured it had to be important if we were willing to face the Chicago winter for it. (unlike the pastors of other churches in the area. he noted)
Sacrifice brings for the blessings of Heaven!
Ok, that's all for the week. I love you guys, talk to you next time!

-Love, 

sister Bennett




No comments:

Post a Comment