Sunday, February 16, 2014

Slow to Post But Worth the Wait.

I have to apologize for not updating blog. Here are some highlights from past two months:

Early January transfer, Megan stayed in Palma and gets a new companion. Here's what she has to say about that:

Excerpts from Megan January 13th
"To begin I just want to say that  I may have just entered into the best companionship of my mission. Hermana Carter is incredible! I have never worked so well with another person in my entired life. The most incredible thing to me is our ability to receive revelation together. We will be walking down the street talking about what we can do to help the leadership in the branch and we both receive revelation and we go back and forth, but I know what she is about to say before she says it. It is incredible and just keep pinching ourselves, We have been so effective this week its not even funny. I wish I could tell you everything that has happened, but I'll have to write a novel about it when I get home. The point is I feel like I am with someone I can work so smoothly and happily with because the focus is turning from the companionship to the missionary work, which is quite the contrast compared to last transfer for me. There is a lot of work to do here and it felt like the day Hermana Carter got here the Lord said, okay, lets move. The branch id now taking some turns and getting serious about the work, its like Hermana Catrer getting here flipped a switch for the whole area. I could not be happier to be a missionary that I am right now. "

"So here is a funny story for the week. Last week our gospel principles class, the class the investigators go to was completely empty except for 1 recent convert. This week the class was so full we had people without chairs because there was not room to put more chairs in (about 20 people), and half the class was investigators. We had three people who only spoke English and 3 newer missionaries doing their best to translate. So picture this tiny classroom with 3 missionaries talking in English during the whole lesson. Then add the fact that our teacher is still learning the gospel principles himself and we have a member who likes to go into deep doctrine who is there because he is the friend of our investigator. We started going into topics like a heavenly mother and my toes started to curl. Hermana Arana (who happened to be there with her investigator) and I did our best to redirect the lesson, but it was out of control. I couldn't decide weather to laugh or run and hide. Our investigator left afterwards with his head spinning saying he had a lot to go home and think about, gaaah! ha, ha, oh well, we were laughing with the other missionaries who were translating because they didn't end up translating half the lesson for the other English investigators who where there. We all had a good laugh about it."

No comments:

Post a Comment